Clean to max, then 90% at 4×1
Note: Once an athlete has two misses at a given weight, they should move to their down sets.
21-15-9 Handstand Pushup
3-2-1 Rope Climb, 15′ Ascent
(TIMECAP: 12:00, TARGET INTENSITY: 9)
Note: Each HSPU should be no more than 3 sets. Atleast 2 rope climbs per minute. Advance athletes can perform Legless.
– Handstand Pushup:
– – a) Decrease reps to 15-12-9
– – b) Pike Pushup with feet on box, hollow and perfectly vertical torso
– – c) Strict press with dumbbells or kettlebells. Use a light enough weight that the athlete can keep it under control and still complete each round in three sets or fewer.
– Rope Climb:
– – a) Half way up the rope or as high as they can go
– – b) Rope pulls, wherein the athlete begins lying face up on the ground with the rope in their hands and pulls themselves to standing, maintaining a hollow body position.
1) Power Snatch to max, then 90% at 4×1
2) Extra Work: Every 3 minutes for 5 sets:
10 Deadlifts at 65-70% of 1RM
10 Dumbbell or Kettlebell Press, moderately heavy
:30-60 Hollow Hold
Romanian Deadlift & Kettlebell Press: Athlete should use a weight with which they can complete unbroken sets with perfect form for the entire rotation. Emphasize controlling the eccentric on both movements.
Hollow Hold: Emphasize pushing low back into ground and maintaining tension through abs and quads.