Paused Back Squat
– Build over the first four sets. The fourth set should be tough but submaximal, leaving two good reps in the tank. The fifth set is 10% lighter than the fourth.
The pause is a full three count in the bottom. Athletes should not relax/sag into the bottom position, but maintain tension on the quads and pressure on the midfoot. Have athletes partner up and count for each other!
Row 1000m 50 Thrusters, 45# 30
– Looking for intensity here. Scale for athletes to be able to push their limits, not grind through.
– Row: Athletes who will row slower than a 2:30/500m split should scale distance to 750m.
– Thruster: Athlete should be able to complete thrusters in no more than three sets with short rests. Scale load and/or repetitions accordingly.
– Pullup: Athlete should be able to complete pullups in no more than four sets with short rests. Scale repetitions accordingly. Scale movement to jumping pullup. Make sure athletes performing jumping pullup know to jump and quickly drop, not slowly lower themselves.
1) Run 5k
During the course of the run, complete a total of 100 pushups and 200 squats. They may be split up and completed whenever and however the athlete chooses, but the athlete must run at least the first 400m before performing any pushups or squats.
1a) Lying Barbell Windshield WIpers x 10-20
1b) Side Plank x :30sec each side