CFWS Renaissance Periodization Fall Challenge Q&A Session
Twice a year, CFWS takes part in a 12 Week Nutritional Challenge. To kick off the 2017 RP Fall Challenge, we will hold a Q&A meeting on Tuesday, August 29 at 6pm at CFWS. This meeting will discuss all of the details pertaining to the upcoming challenge, including:
– What is Renaissance Periodization? How is it different than Paleo, Zone, Atkins Diet, Keto, etc…
– Important Challenge information
If you are available for our RP Challenge Meeting Q&A Session, we highly recommend you attend to learn how this program can benefit you and help you excel your progress and reach your goals. If you are not available to attend but are still interested in doing the challenge, please be sure to email info@crossfitwestspringfie
Quick RP Challenge Details:
– Interest Meeting: Tuesday, August 29 at 6:00pm
– First Weigh-In: Saturday, September 9th at 8:30am
– Final Weigh-In: Saturday, December 2nd at 8:30am
– WEEKLY (email) Check in with Coaches
– Bi-Weekly (in person) weigh-in / measurement check-ins
– Individual Winners will receive prizes
– Weigh-Ins will include: Weight & Body measurements (right quad, butt, belly button, right upper arm)
Sets 1-8: 2x1x70%, 2x1x75%, 2x1x80%, 2x1x85%
Sets 7-12: Work at athlete’s discretion between 85-92.5%
– Jerks will be taken from the rack
– Athletes who do not have an established 1RM should start with a weight they could comfortably triple, and work from there at the coach’s disrcretion.
Assault Bike or Row
Resting while Partner Works, or 1:1
– Assault Bike is preferable to rower if possible, but either option is acceptable.
– Less than 4 months of CF expereince or VERY deconditioned athletes should perform the workout with smaller sets, such as 30/20/10/5.
Reps 1-8: 70%x1x2, 75%x1x2, 80%x1x2, 85%x1x2
Reps 7-12: Work at athlete’s discretion between 85-92.5%
Athletes who do not have an established 1RM should start with a weight they could comfortably triple, and work from there at the coach’s disrcretion.